Hey you. You with the brain and the awesome math skills. Are you an Accountant that loves
accounting but wants to work in a place where accounting might be little more exciting? If so,
The Variable might be the place you’re looking for.
We’re searching for an extraordinarily driven and organized Staff Accountant to join our team.
Day-to- day, they’ll aid in record keeping and bringing more organization to our financials.
They’ll work closely with our Controller and Business Operations team to assist with month-end
close activities while managing media and production pass-through transactions for the agency.
Long story short, you’ll be our in-house numbers magician.
The Variable is a fast-paced, exciting and highly creative environment. We develop award-
winning creative ideas one minute and breakthrough product innovations the next. (Did you
hear about the energy drink we created? Cause we did. Or that we have a screen printing
press? Cause we do.) This is the perfect opportunity for an Accountant with mad skills who
doesn’t want to spend their time in a bank or stuffy corporate atmosphere.
If this position sounds like it’s custom made for you, then you are just who we are looking for.
- Review, approve and reconcile all vendor invoices, including authorizing the transfer of expenses
into and out of project-related accounts
- Reconcile all media and production billings to client activity reports before bookkeeper issues
invoices on a monthly basis
- Investigate all project expenses not billed to clients
- Manage purchase orders (POs) from opening through approval
- Manage our expense report process from submission through approval and payment
- Assist the controller with projects as needed
- Conduct monthly reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy (could include areas
such as bank reconciliations, fixed assets reconciliations, accounts receivable reconciliations,
- Provide information to the controller who creates the company’s financial statements
- Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required
- Accounting degree required
- At least 5+ years of experience
- Experience with the Workamajig system is preferred
- Experience in advertising media and production accounting is preferred
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- The motivation to always deliver the best work without micromanagement
- A track record of being awesomely awesome (if your colleagues will cry when you resign, that’s a