DOES INCREDIBLENESS FOLLOW YOU AROUND?
Our team has the talent to do incredible things. Which is good, because our clients expect incredible things.
We are seeking a Content Manager to join our growing team. You will drive social media initiatives and content across social channels for our clients. Think of the role as part account manager, part strategist, part communications planner and part copywriter.
You need to be confident enough to guide clients down the right paths and our team toward the right solutions. Someone who can artfully manage neither being the agency’s mouthpiece to the client nor the client’s mouthpiece to the agency. Someone who can push back in a way that makes people love them even more for doing it.
We seek out non-traditional thinkers. Employees who succeed at The Variable come up with brilliant strategies and campaigns one day and breakthrough product development ideas the next. You need to be the self-starting, strategic-thinking, entrepreneurial type. You need to be funny and engaging and hard working and willing to pitch in on whatever crazy opportunity pops up next. We are small by design. So we hire carefully.
- Partner with the brand planning team to develop brand-specific social channel strategies for our clients
- Develop and manage social content calendars grounded in the brand’s strategic framework
- Source and create content for social, partnering with the creative team to develop and execute both planned and real time content.
- Leverage social listening and community management tools to monitor conversations, engage audience and share any customer concerns with appropriate parties.
- Prepare and present analytic reports on key social media performance metrics
- Stay on the bleeding edge of social media trends, tools and platforms
- Look at each piece of the pie in new and unexpected ways; challenge conventions and assumptions and inspire clients to do the same.
- Lead our team to greatness on every at-bat with thinking and content that always exceeds client expectations and continually raises our own bar.
- Know great creative work when you see it, make it better and sell it through.
- Embody the values of The Variable while maintaining a positive attitude and dedication.
- Want to develop, grow and supervise other team members as the agency grows.
- Have an interest outside of advertising that you are just as passionate about as advertising (we are firm believers in work/life balance…we need to know you love something else).
- 4-5 years of agency experience – and a track record of being awesomely awesome (if your clients and colleagues will cry when you resign, that’s a good indicator that you’re awesomely awesome)
- In-depth knowledge of current and emerging social channels, along with experience executing channel-specific strategies
- Innate strategic thinking skills with a desire to sharpen them under the tutelage of our strategic thinkers.
- Proven track record of social media management and content creation.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with senior-level clients and agency leaders.
- The motivation to always deliver the best work without micromanagement.
- The coveted skills of organization, detail-orientation and multi-tasking-ation.