Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
The Director of Financial Analysis is responsible for business-wide leadership for the financial planning and analysis function. The position will work in all areas of the business to support the understanding of costs, efficiencies, performance, planning, etc. including the leadership of the annual operating and strategic planning processes of the company. This role is responsible for identifying problems through strong financial analysis and organizing effective recommendations to the Management Team in order to improve financial and operation performance. This position will work closely with business leadership and will be responsible for preparing mission-critical financial and operational analytics used to support strategic decision making and day-to-day management. Exceptional analytical, presentation, oral and written communication and teamwork skills are essential.
- Leads the company-wide annual operating plan/budgeting process and develops appropriate internal reporting that focuses on key risks and opportunities.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reporting packages that provide focused analysis of actual versus plan results including identification of key variances and causes.
- Prepare and communicate real-time earnings forecasts to senior management which accurately captures changing economics.
- Interface with Account Managers to Develop Project Budgets for each Client
- Weekly Monitoring with Account Managers of actual Project spending vs Budget and update Project Forecasts as appropriate
- Monitor Profitability of Businesses by office, product, and account manager
- Develop, manage and monitor the long range financial plan of the Company.
- Work with senior management to review key metrics to measure performance and to provide business insights
- Acquisition Integration
- B.S. in accounting, finance or related field. Master’s preferred
- 7+ years of progressive experience in financial planning, analysis and financial modeling
- Knowledge and familiarity with accounting, budgeting and forecasting systems
- Exceptional Excel skills with experience building complex and dynamic financial models
- Ability to analyze complex problems, identify root causes and provide recommendations
- Results and deadline-oriented, ability to prioritize and multitask
- Attention to detail
- Solid understanding of financial statements and accounting principles
- Strong financial analysis skills and business acumen and ability to communicate financial concepts to top management and throughout the organization
- Some travel required