New Business Manager
The talented team at The Variable is searching for an exceptionally talented person to help us tell the world about our talents.
We’re looking for an agency new business manager, but not just any new business manager. Someone to help us bring kick-ass partners to the table to see the incredible things our team can do. Someone who is driven, tenacious and not afraid to pound the pavement to find that perfect prospect. Someone who loves to win, because winning means we all get to make something incredible and new.
This person needs to be a non-traditional thinker. An engaging, self-starting, boot-strap-pulling hard worker that’s ready to jump on any crazy idea or opportunity that comes around (we have a lot of those around here).
If this sounds like you, then you might be exactly who we’re looking for.
So please, keep reading, you.
- Manage ongoing agency new business acquisition efforts, including the execution of our lead generation and nurture program and prospect communications
- Update and maintain agency information in search consultant and agency finder databases
- Support business development efforts, including the development and submission of Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
- Manage the workflow of our indifference-fighting agency pitch process
- Love to learn about, embrace, and brag about our brilliant team and the work we produce
- Be comfortable with technology and working within different types of sales and research platforms
- Want to strengthen our culture of giving a shit — about each other, our clients, and our work
- Embody the values of The Variable while maintaining a positive attitude and dedication
- Have an interest outside of advertising that you are just as passionate about as advertising (work/life balance is important here…we need to know you love something else)
- 2-3 years of advertising agency experience, preferably in new business or account management
- A bachelor’s degree
- A solid understanding of the agency process and the advertising industry
- The drive to seek out the right prospects for our agency
- The motivation to always deliver the best work without micromanagement
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- The coveted skills of organization, detail-orientation and multi-tasking
- An ability to distill conversations with leaders throughout the agency into clear, task-oriented next steps and to-dos
- The ability to keep things moving and work with multiple internal teams and stakeholders
- A desire to learn, try new things, and a willingness to always say, “how can I help?” on whatever crazy opportunity pops up next