Senior Project Manager
The Variable is searching for a professional manager of things, an impetuous tamer
of to-do lists and timelines and a world-class herder of cats. That’s right, we’re
looking for a rock star Senior Project Manager.
At The Variable, the role of Senior Project Manager is pivotal. We do a lot here, from
digital to traditional to product development and beyond, and we need someone
with a vast understanding of project management and a get-it-done mental fortitude
to join the team.
This person will juggle multiple projects simultaneously and ensure they are
completed and delivered in a comprehensive, accurate and timely fashion.
This person will be the glue that holds together the fabric of our existence. This
person will be kind of a big deal.
If this sounds like you, then you might just be the person we’re looking for.
- Demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness to meet project deadlines
- Ensure a common understanding of project deliverables by communicating and managing expectations with project team
- Proactively monitor and identify project risks and propose effective solutions
- Monitor workload and assist with management of internal resources
- Work with other departments (Strategy, Media, Account Management, Production and Accounting) to ensure adherence to the process and timeline for overall project completion
- Manage vendors including set up, negotiation, issuing purchase orders, production and invoice processing
- Drive internal process and make recommendations around process improvements
- In addition to project management responsibilities, this person will support day-to-day agency operations
- A four-year degree required
- 3-5 years of agency experience
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral
- The ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Energy, organizational acumen and are extremely proactive