PR Social Account Director
Do you refuse to be content with boring content? Do you think that good public relations begins with good relationships? You do?! Well then, you might be the kind of Public Relations and Social Account Director The Variable is looking for.
For this role, we’re searching for a person who can shape strategic communications plans, develop engaging ideas and partner with our team to bring said plans to life. We need someone who is as comfortable pitching big concepts and story angles to media and clients as they are at creating and deploying programs and content in social channels. We need someone who can win hearts and minds with smarts and charm, while helping us maintain a steady output of stellar work for our clients.
In this role you’ll work with clients across a variety of categories from CPG to retail to outdoor cooking to agriculture to grocery. You’ll collaborate with our agency communications lead to help the agency and our work become famous among our peers. You’ll help us devise new ideas and things to make. (Did you hear about the energy drink we created? Cause we did. Or that we have a commercial screen print press in our office? Cause we do.) You’ll be a big part of the awesome things we do.
We are looking for non-traditional thinkers. Employees who succeed at The Variable come up with brilliant strategies and campaigns one day and breakthrough product development ideas the next. You need to be the self-starting, strategic-thinking, entrepreneurial type. You need to be funny and engaging and hard working and willing to pitch in on whatever crazy opportunity pops up next. We are small by design. So we hire carefully.
If you sound like the “you” we are looking for, let us know.
- Develop strategic communications plans and get your hands dirty leading the execution
- Partner with the brand planning team to develop brand-specific social channel strategies for our clients
- Look at each piece of the pie in new and unexpected ways; challenge conventions and assumptions and inspire clients to do the same
- Stay on the bleeding edge of social media trends, tools and platforms
- Lead internal and external stakeholders to ensure projects are on brief, on budget and on time
- Demonstrate knowledge of the overall media and social landscapes.
- Embody the values of The Variable while maintaining a positive attitude and dedication
- Want to develop, grow and supervise other team members as the agency grows.
- Have an interest outside of our industry that you are just as passionate about. (We are firm believers in work/life balance…we need to know you love something else)
- 8-10+ years of marketing/advertising experience preferred
- 5+ years of agency experience
- A track record of being awesomely awesome (if your clients and colleagues will cry when you resign, that’s a good indicator that you’re awesomely awesome)
- In-depth knowledge of current and emerging social channels, along with experience executing channel-specific strategies
- Innate strategic thinking skills with a desire to sharpen them
- Proven track record of delivering inspiring work that is effective in-market
- Demonstrated ability to engage with senior-level clients and agency leadership
- Knowledge of traditional, digital and social PR channels
- The motivation to always deliver the best work without micromanagement
- The coveted skills of organization, detail-orientation and multi-tasking-ation